White Fish with Herb Duxelle
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
1 (8-ounce) package fresh mushrooms
1 shallot, finely chopped
4 green onions, chopped
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
Salt and ground black pepper to taste
3/4 cup dry bread crumbs
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 (14-ounce) can crushed tomatoes
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 1/2 pounds white fish fillets (ocean perch, red snapper, tilapia)
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
- In a food processor, mince mushrooms until finely chopped. In a large, dry saucepan, cook mushrooms over medium heat until the moisture is gone and mushrooms are lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and add shallots, green onions, parsley, thyme, salt, pepper, bread crumbs and canola oil. Mix well. Set this duxelle mixture aside.
- Spread crushed tomatoes in a lightly oiled 13x9x2-inch baking pan. Stir in balsamic vinegar. Place fish fillets on top of tomatoes. Spoon duxelle mixture over fish, covering fillets.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until fish flakes easily with fork and mushroom mixture is lightly browned.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 240; Total Fat: 8g; Saturated Fat: 2g; Cholesterol: 55mg; Total Carbs: 17g; Fiber: 2g; Protein: 27g; Sodium: 350mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.