White Fish with Phyllo and Sesame Seeds
Recipe courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.
1 tablespoon fresh grated gingerroot
1 teaspoon minced garlic
Juice and zest of 2 limes
1 tablespoon sesame oil
2 tablespoons canola oil
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
4 white fish fillets
1 cup sesame seeds
3 sheets phyllo dough
Red and green bell pepper (optional)
Wild rice pilaf (optional)
- In a bowl, mix together ginger, garlic, lime juice, lime zest, sesame oil, canola oil, sea salt and pepper. Add fish fillets and marinate for 1/2 hour in the refrigerator.
- Place a sheet of phyllo on work area and brush with canola oil. Place another sheet of phyllo on top of first sheet and repeat with oil until it is 3 sheets thick. Cut sheets into 4 strips lengthwise.
- Add sesame seeds to a plate. Place each fillet on the plate of sesame seeds to coat only one side of the fillet and then place one fillet on each strip phyllo so that the phyllo is in the middle of each fillet and roll it up somewhat tightly.
- Bake in a 400°F (205°C) oven for 10 to 12 minutes or until phyllo is a deep golden brown.
- Serve with a sautéed bell pepper and wild rice pilaf for color and enjoy.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 625; Total Fat: 41g; Saturated Fat: 7g; Cholesterol: 120mg; Total Carbs: 20g; Fiber: 5g; Protein: 46g; Sodium: 325mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of CanolaInfo.org.