Wine and Herb Steamed Clams
Recipe courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.
2 dozen Florida littleneck clams, rinsed well
2 cups white wine
1 small Florida red onion, sliced
2 tablespoons Florida garlic, chopped
2 teaspoons fresh ginger
1 tablespoon fresh Florida cilantro, chopped
2 bay leaves
1 teaspoon whole black peppercorns
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup Florida lemon juice
- Place all ingredients except clams in a large sauce pan. Simmer on medium heat for 3 minutes; add clams and cover.
- Simmer until clams open, stirring frequently.
- Transfer clams to a large bowl.
- Boil remaining liquid until reduced to 1 cup
- Pour broth over clams and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 241; Calories From Fat: 104; Total Fat: 12g; Saturated Fat: 8g; Cholesterol: 48mg; Total Carbs: 8g; Protein: 8g.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Florida Agriculture Bureau of Seafood and Aquaculture.