A bella (beautiful) tasting dish of steamed asparagus topped with chopped hard-boiled egg, crumbled bacon and a garlic wine vinaigrette. Serve at room temperature or chilled.
6 hard-boiled eggs
6 tablespoons cooked and crumbled bacon
2 pounds large asparagus spears, trimmed and cleaned
1/2 cup olive oil
3 teaspoons wine vinegar
1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
1 teaspoon parsley flakes
- Chop the hard-boiled eggs and mix with the crumbled bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Steam asparagus until tender-crisp and drain.
- Make dressing with oil, vinegar, garlic powder, parsley flakes, salt and pepper.
- While asparagus is hot, layer half the spears in a deep dish.
- Sprinkle half the chopped eggs and bacon over the asparagus and half the dressing.
- Make a second layer of asparagus spears. Top with the remaining chopped eggs, bacon bits, and dressing.
- Serve at room temperature or chilled.
Makes 4 to 6 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of California Asparagus Commission.