Buckeye Twice-Baked Idaho® Potato
Twice-baked potatoes stuffed with a creamy baked potato mixture of blue cheese, Monterey Jack cheese, crispy bits of bacon and sliced green onions.
4 Idaho® potatoes (10 to 11 ounces each)
1/2 cup crumbled blue cheese
2/3 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
1/3 cup heavy cream
1/4 cup sour cream
3 tablespoons cooked bacon, crumbled (3-4 slices)
2 tablespoons butter, softened
2 tablespoons green onions, thinly sliced
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat conventional oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Pierce tops of potatoes with fork several times. (Do not wrap in aluminum foil.)
- Bake potatoes on oven rack 60 to 70 minutes or until tender when pierced. (If using a convection oven, bake at 375°F (190°C) for 55 minutes.)
- Remove from oven; cool 10 to 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, combine all remaining ingredients.
- Cut a thin slice off top of each potato. Using a teaspoon, scoop out center of each, leaving the shell. Add potato centers to cheese mixture.
- Using fork, break up potatoes and mix until well blended. Spoon mixture into potato shells.
- Transfer to baking sheet. Position potatoes under broiler so that tops are 5-inches from heat source. Broil 4 to 6 minutes or until tops are golden brown. Turn off heat; close oven door and leave potatoes in oven for additional 7 to 10 minutes.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 603; Total Fat: 28g; Cholesterol: 78mg; Total Carbs: 73g; Protein: 17g; Sodium: 632mg.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.