Chorizo and Corn Stuffed Butternut Squash
This dish is an exceptional way to add flavor and elegance to a basic squash side dish.
3 medium butternut squash, halved lengthwise and seeded
2 teaspoons MAGGI Granulated Chicken Flavor Bouillon - divided use
12 ounces pork or beef Mexican chorizo, casing removed
1 medium onion, chopped
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 pasilla chile, seeded and chopped
1 (14-ounce) can corn kernels
Crumbled Cotija cheese
NESTLÉ Media Crema or table cream
- Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C). Grease large baking sheet.
- Place squash halves on prepared baking sheet flesh-side-up; sprinkle 1 teaspoon bouillon evenly on squash halves. Cover lightly with foil.
- Bake for 1 hour or until flesh is fork-tender. Remove from oven; set aside (don’t turn oven off).
- Cook chorizo in medium skillet over medium heat, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes or until cooked through. Add onion, garlic, chile and remaining 1 teaspoon bouillon. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes or until onion is tender. Add corn; cook for 1 minute. Stuff squash halves evenly with chorizo mixture.
- Bake for an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until filling is warmed through and slightly browned. Serve warm topped with cheese and media crema.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 140 Calories from Fat: 50 Total Fat: 6 g Saturated Fat: 3.5 g Cholesterol: 65 mg Sodium: 310 mg Carbohydrates: 17 g Dietary Fiber: 2 g Sugars: 6 g Protein: 6 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.