Double Baked Wisconsin Havarti Superspuds
Double-baked, twice-baked—whatever you call them, these flavorful stuffed baked potatoes are simply delicious.
8 large baking potatoes
1 cup sour cream
1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
1 small red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
1 tablespoon dried dill weed or 3 tablespoons snipped fresh dill
3 cups (12 ounces) shredded Wisconsin Havarti cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
Sliced green onions or chives for garnish
- Bake potatoes at 425°F (220°C) for 45 minutes or until done. Cool slightly; remove 1/2 inch slice from the top of each potato. Scoop out a portion of each potato into a bowl, leaving a 3/8 inch thick potato shell.
- Whip potatoes using an electric mixer. Add sour cream. Blend well. Stir in green onions, red pepper, dill and cheese. Season to taste.
- Put potato mixture back into potato skins. Brush with melted butter. Place on baking sheet.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for 20 to 25 minutes, until lightly golden.
- Sprinkle with additional sliced green onions, if desired.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.