Some people put garlic and lemon at the top of their list of favorite seasonings. In this easy recipe, the duo shines in this delicious grilled potato side dish.
6 medium (6 cups) potatoes, washed, thinly sliced
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
2 tablespoons purchased minced roasted garlic
1 tablespoon freshly grated lemon peel
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Heat gas grill on medium or charcoal grill until coals are ash white.
- Mound potatoes and onion evenly among 6 (12-inch) squares heavy-duty aluminum foil. Sprinkle with garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Dot each serving with 1 teaspoon butter.
- Bring edges of foil up to center; tightly seal top and sides of each packet.
- Place foil packets on grill. Cover; grill, turning once, until potatoes are tender (15 to 25 minutes).
Makes 6 servings.
Oven Directions: Heat oven to 375°F (190°C). Prepare potatoes and onion mixture as directed above. Bake for 40 to 50 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- It is not necessary to peel the potatoes.
- Place potatoes and onion in disposable aluminum pan. Sprinkle evenly with garlic, lemon peel, salt and pepper. Top with butter. Grill as directed above, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are tender (25 to 30 minutes).