Heartland Vegetable Bake
This colorful vegetable medley, combined with cream sauce, will brighten any dinner table.
3 cups (about 3 medium) red or other waxy potatoes, coarsely chopped
2 tablespoons water
1 (16-ounce) package frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrot medley
3 tablespoons butter or margarine - divided use
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Fat-Free Milk
2 MAGGI® Chicken Bouillon Cubes
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon seasoned dry bread crumbs
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (175ºC).
- Microwave potatoes and water in covered, medium, microwave-safe casserole dish on HIGH (100%) power for 9 minutes; drain. Return to dish; top with frozen vegetables.
- Melt 2 tablespoons butter in small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour; cook, stirring constantly, for 30 seconds. Gradually stir in evaporated milk, bouillon and pepper; cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 to 4 minutes or until bouillon is dissolved and sauce is slightly thickened. Pour sauce over vegetables.
- Microwave remaining butter in small, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 10 to 20 seconds or until melted. Stir in bread crumbs until well combined. Sprinkle over vegetables; cover.
- Bake for 30 minutes. Uncover; bake for additional 10 minutes or until top is golden brown.
Makes 6 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/6 of recipe): Calories: 175 Calories from Fat: 55 Total Fat: 6.1 g Saturated Fat: 3.7 g Cholesterol: 18 mg Sodium: 746 mg Carbohydrates: 21.5 g Dietary Fiber: 4.9 g Sugars: 2.3 g Protein: 8.9 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.