Horseradish-Mustard New Potatoes
Serve these zippy new potatoes for your next get-together.
4 pounds new potatoes
1 large red onion, cut into 3/4-inch chunks
1 tablespoon butter
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup chicken broth
3/4 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons horseradish mustard
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
1 teaspoon pink and black peppercorns, cracked
- Scrub potatoes; cut in halves or quarters.
- In a covered Dutch oven, cook potatoes in a small amount of boiling, lightly salted water about 10 minutes or until tender. Drain and return to pan.
- In medium saucepan, sauté onion in butter for 4 to 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in 1 tablespoon of flour and salt. Add chicken broth. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly.
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream, horseradish, mustard and remaining 1 tablespoon flour. Stir into broth mixture. Cook and stir until heated through.
- Pour sauce over potatoes; toss lightly to coat. Transfer to a serving bowl. Sprinkle with chives and cracked peppercorns.
Makes 12 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of National Pork Board.