No-Time-At-All Stuffing Loaf
Looking for something traditional, yet different? Try this stuffing recipe that is baked in a loaf pan and served in slices.
1 medium onion, chopped
1 cup chopped celery
2 tablespoons margarine or butter
2 to 3 teaspoons poultry seasoning
2 to 3 teaspoons sage
1 teaspoon oregano, crushed
2 slices whole wheat bread, cubed
1 (8-ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
1/2 cup chopped pecans
1 cup QUAKER or AUNT JEMIMA Corn Meal
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 tablespoons granulated sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt (optional)
1 cup milk
1/2 cup margarine or butter, melted
3 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Grease 9x5x3-inch loaf pan.
- Cook onion and celery in 2 tablespoons margarine until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in herbs; mix well.
- Remove from heat; add bread cubes, corn and pecans, mixing well.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Add combined milk, margarine and eggs, mixing just until moistened.
- Add vegetable mixture; mix well. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 15 minutes; remove.
- Cut into 3/4-inch slices; serve warm. Store in refrigerator.
Makes 12 servings.
Tip: To reheat, place each slice on microwaveable plate; cover loosely. Microwave at HIGH 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds or until heated through.
Recipe provided courtesy of The Quaker Oats Company.