Potatoes Au Gratin
Potatoes au gratin is a creamy, cheesy potato casserole that is a favorite side dish all year-round.
2 pounds potatoes
1 cup grated Gruyère or Emmenthaler cheese
1/2 cup half-and-half (light cream)
Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Lightly grease a shallow 1 1/2 quart casserole dish with butter.
- Peel potatoes, and then slice, using a mandolin.
- Now grate Gruyère or Emmenthaler cheese.
- Next arrange the sliced potatoes and layer with melted butter.Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle with the cheese.
- Layer with melted butter and half and half. Season with salt and pepper.
- Top with more grated cheese and sprinkle with Parmesan.
- Bake the casserole covered for 30 minutes
- After 30 minutes, uncover and bake an additional 15 minutes or until the potatoes are tender.
Makes 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.