Roast Shallot Savoyarde Potatoes
Recipe by Chef Paul Zweben, Restaurant Partner, Rain, BLT Prime, NYC.
1/2 pound shallots, peeled
1/2 quart heavy cream
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 to 5 peeled Idaho® potatoes, sliced thin (1/8-inch thick)
Butter as needed
- Caramelize shallots by rubbing with oil and baking in 350°F (175°C) oven until tender.
- Purée shallots with heavy cream.
- Lay potato slices in baking dish, dot with butter and spoon over some shallot-cream mixture. Repeat until
- potatoes are used up.
- Cover with foil and bake at 350°F (175°C) for 1 hour. Remove foil and bake 30 minutes longer.
- Remove from oven and let stand 20 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of the Idaho Potato Commission.