Roasted Asparagus & Red Pepper Tartlets
with Tarragon Brie Sauce
Rich and full of flavor, a creamy, indulgent sauce enrobes roasted vegetables that fill puff pastry tarts, making a beautiful presentation that will surely delight your dinner guests.
1 (10-ounce) package frozen puff pastry shells (6)
12 fresh asparagus spears, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon leaves
1 teaspoon dry mustard
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
1 wedge (8 ounces) Brie cheese, rind removed, cut into small pieces
1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat oven 400ºF (205ºC). Bake pastry shells according to package directions; set aside.
- Toss asparagus and red pepper with olive oil in medium bowl. Place on baking sheet with sides.
- Bake for 15 minutes. Let cool.
- Combine evaporated milk, flour, tarragon, mustard, salt, and white pepper in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sauce begins to thicken. Add Brie and continue to stir until melted. Add lemon juice and roasted vegetables; cook for one more minute, stirring occasionally.
- Spoon 1/3 cup mixture into individual shells. Top with pastry rounds. Serve immediately.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Substitute 1/2 cup jarred, roasted red peppers in place of fresh peppers, if desired.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® & Meals.com, used with permission.