Savory Stuffed Zucchini
Zucchini shells stuffed with a cheesy cornbread stuffing.
2 medium zucchini, halved lengthwise
1/2 cup chopped onion
1 teaspoon finely minced garlic
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
1/2 cup (2 ounces) shredded medium cheddar cheese
1/2 cup cornbread stuffing mix
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon chopped parsley
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup (scant 1 ounce) grated asiago cheese
- Scoop the pulp from the zucchini, leaving a shell about 1/4-inch thick. Chop the pulp in a glass mixing bowl. Add the onion and garlic to the pulp.
- Microwave on high for 4 minutes. Pour off any liquid.
- Stir in the Monterey Jack and cheddar cheeses, stuffing mix, egg, chopped parsley, and seasonings.
- Arrange the zucchini shells in a 12-inch round glass baking dish.
- Fill each shell with the stuffing mixture. Sprinkle with asiago cheese. Cover with plastic wrap.
- Microwave on high for 6 to 8 minutes, turning the dish once during the cooking time.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.