Sweet Potato Puff with Pralines
This sweet potato puff, with a crunchy praline topping, is a perfect side dish with roasted turkey.
Sweet Potato Puff:
3 medium sweet potatoes
2 large eggs
1/2 cup of milk
1/3 cup granulated sugar
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Crunchy Praline Topping:
2 tablespoons melted butter
3/4 cup cornflakes cereal
1/2 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
1/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- For Sweet Potato Puff: Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Cook sweet potatoes, peel and place in a mixer bowl with a flat paddle attachment.
- Turn to speed 2 and add milk, sugar, eggs, butter, nutmeg, and cinnamon. Continue to mix for 1 minute.
- Spread the mixture in a greased casserole dish.
- For Crunchy Praline Topping: In a bowl, add melted butter, cornflakes cereal, chopped walnuts or pecans and brown sugar. Mix.
- Spread topping over the sweet potatoes.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the foil for the last 10 minutes of cooking to ensure a crunchy top.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.