Chilean Navel Orange and Tomato Gazpacho
A delightful zesty twist on a beloved cold soup.
3 Chilean navel oranges
3 plum tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions
- Grate one teaspoon zest from one orange; set aside.
- Peel all oranges.
- Into a small bowl cut one of the oranges into segments; cut into small pieces; set aside.
- Cut remaining two oranges into two-inch chunks; place in a food processor. Quarter two of the tomatoes; add to the food processor along with red pepper, vinegar, oil, salt, black pepper and reserved orange zest. Pulse until orange mixture is very finely chopped but not puréed, about 10 to 12 times.
- Chop remaining tomato; add to orange in the small bowl along with green onions.
- Divide gazpacho among four soup plates; top with chopped orange, tomato and green onion mixture.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of ARA Content.