From the French country kitchen to your summertime table comes this simple chilled potato soup.
6 cups chicken stock
4 cups peeled and diced potatoes
4 cups leeks
Salt, to taste
1/2 cup heavy cream
1 bunch chives, chopped
- Add the chicken stock, potatoes and leeks to a medium pot and bring to a boil.
- Season with salt and simmer covered for about 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Remove from the heat and use a KitchenAid Immersion Blender to purée the soup.
- Chill the soup for 1 to 2 hours. After chilling, whisk in 1/2 cup heavy cream.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of chives and serve.
Makes 6 to 8 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of HolidayKitchen.tv. Photograph property of CooksRecipes.com.