Garden Vegetable Soup
This hearty and satisfying soup features garden fresh vegetables, zucchini, corn and tomatoes in a creamy two-cheese broth.
1/4 cup butter
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups milk
2 cups (16 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth
1 cup shredded Wisconsin Colby cheese
1 cup shredded Wisconsin Medium Cheddar cheese
2 medium zucchini, chopped
1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
3 tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- In a 3 quart saucepan, heat butter until sizzling; stir in flour. Cook over medium heat until bubbly.
- Gradually add milk; stir until smooth.
- Add chicken broth; continue cooking until slightly thickened.
- Stir in cheese until smooth.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Cook over low heat for 4 to 5 minutes, until vegetables are heated through.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: Try Wisconsin Sharp Cheddar for a stronger flavor.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Wisconsin Milk Marketing Board, Inc.