Artichoke Turkey Noodle Bake
Leftover turkey and egg noodles baked in a cream sauce with artichokes, tomatoes and cheddar cheese.
No-stick cooking spray
8 ounces (about 5 cups) uncooked wide egg noodles
2 tablespoons butter
1/2 cup finely chopped onion
1 1/2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 1/2 (12-ounce) cans evaporated skim milk
1/4 cup cream sherry
1 (14.5-ounce) can stewed tomatoes, drained
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
Dash ground red pepper
2 1/2 cups shredded leftover cooked Butterball® Turkey
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, thinly sliced
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese - divided use
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Set aside.
- Cook noodles according to package directions; rinse and drain. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, melt butter in medium saucepan on medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until tender. Add flour; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Gradually stir in milk and sherry. Cook and stir 5 minutes, or until thickened. Stir in tomatoes, salt, black pepper and red pepper.
- Combine noodles and tomato mixture. Stir in turkey, artichokes and 1 cup of the cheese. Spoon into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake 40 minutes, or until hot.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe courtesy of Sarah Chase.
Recipe provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.