Bow Tie Turkey Confetti
The whole family will love this easy, light and tasty bow tie pasta toss with tender chunks cooked turkey, bell pepper, Italian seasonings, reduced-fat cheddar cheese and a garnish of fresh basil chiffonade. A terrific use for leftover holiday turkey.
6 ounces bow tie pasta
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes, snipped into bits
1/4 cup boiling water
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 1/2 cups cooked turkey chunks
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
2 cloves garlic, chopped fine
1/2 of a medium green bell pepper, chopped
1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1 cup turkey or chicken broth
2 teaspoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons cold water
1/2 cup fresh basil, cut into thin strips
1 1/2 cups grated Cabot 50% Light Cheddar cheese
- Cook pasta according to directions on package, approximately 10 to 12 minutes.
- Cover sun-dried tomatoes with boiling water to rehydrate.
- Heat skillet and sauté garlic and green pepper with 1 tablespoon of oil until slightly softened. Add sundried tomatoes, herbs and turkey or chicken broth and heat to boiling.
- Dissolve cornstarch in cold water. Add slowly to boiling broth mixture, stirring briskly to slightly thicken. Stir in turkey, cheese and basil; heat gently until cheese is melted.
- Place drained bow ties into a pasta bowl. Pour turkey-cheese mixture over. Stir and serve. Garnish with fresh basil.
Makes 4 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/4 of recipe): Calories: 318; Fat: 10; Saturated Fat: 3 g; Cholesterol: 30 mg; Sodium: 583 mg; Calcium: 30% Daily Value; Protein: 20 g; Carbohydrates: 38 g.
Adapted from an original recipe created by Cabot Creamery using chicken breast.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of The National Dairy Council.