Italian Turkey Strata
A hearty, make-ahead main dish prepared with leftover turkey, chunks of French bread, sun-dried tomatoes and artichokes.
No-stick cooking spray
1 (8-ounce) loaf French bread, sliced, cut into 1-inch chunks - divided use
2 cups chopped leftover cooked Butterball® Turkey - divided use
1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained, coarsely chopped - divided use
1/2 cup sun-dried tomatoes packed in oil, drained well, finely chopped - divided use
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese - divided use
8 large eggs, beaten
2 cups milk
1 teaspoon dried oregano leaves
- Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Layer half of the bread in prepared dish. Sprinkle with half of the turkey, artichokes, tomatoes and cheese.
- Combine eggs, milk and oregano in large measuring cup or bowl; mix until combined. Pour evenly over bread mixture. Cover with foil; refrigerate 8 hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Bake casserole covered 30 minutes.
- Remove cover; continue baking uncovered 15 minutes, or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 8 servings.
Tip: Substitute provolone cheese for mozzarella, if desired.
Recipe provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.