Roast Turkey with Cranberry Orange Glaze
Maple syrup, cranberry juice and orange marmalade are combined to make a glaze with traditional New England ingredients.
3/4 cup orange marmalade
3/4 cup frozen cranberry juice concentrate, thawed
3 tablespoons maple syrup
1 1/2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 (14-pound) Butterball® Frozen Whole Turkey, thawed
Non-stick cooking spray
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Combine marmalade, cranberry juice concentrate, maple syrup, vinegar and salt in small heavy saucepan. Bring to boil on medium heat, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low. Cook, uncovered, stirring frequently 12 to 15 minutes, or until glaze is reduced to about one cup.
- Remove neck and giblets from body and neck cavities of turkey; discard or refrigerate for another use. Drain juices from turkey and pat dry turkey with paper towels. Turn wings back to hold neck skin against back of turkey.
- Place turkey, breast side up, on a flat roasting rack in a shallow pan. Brush turkey lightly with vegetable oil or cooking spray. Roast turkey for 2 hours. Cover breast and top of drumsticks loosely with foil to prevent overcooking of breast.
- Continue roasting turkey for another 45 minutes. Remove foil and brush generously with glaze. Return foil loosely to top of turkey. Cook for another 45 minutes, or until meat thermometer reaches 180°F (82.2°C) when inserted into the deepest part of the thigh.
- Brush with remaining glaze. Let turkey stand 15 minutes before carving.
Makes 14 servings.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of Butterball, LLC.