Southwest Turkey Tacos
Grilled turkey is combined with a chili-seasoned mixture of sautéed corn and black beans and served in flour tortillas with a choice of accompaniments.
1 package (about 1 1/2 pounds) Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Cutlets
Salt and black pepper
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (14-ounce) package frozen southwestern-style corn, black bean and vegetable mix, thawed (about 2 2/3 cups)
1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chili powder
3/4 cup low-sodium chicken broth
8 flour tortillas
Lime wedges, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, shredded cheese, sour cream for garnish
- Season turkey with salt and pepper. Grill over gas or charcoal about 4 minutes on each side or until cooked through.
- Cut into 1-inch pieces.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add vegetable mix; cook 5 minutes or until hot. Stir in flour and chili powder. Add broth and turkey; simmer 5 minutes or until broth is syrupy.
- Heat tortillas on grill or griddle.
- Spoon turkey mixture into tortillas; fold in half.
- Serve with lime wedges, shredded lettuce, sliced tomatoes, shredded cheese and sour cream.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.