Cooked turkey with sautéed onions, red bell pepper, garlic, fresh ginger, jalapeños, onions, banana and peas in a curried coconut sauce with lime juice. A unique and tasty use for leftover turkey.
1 large onion, cut into chunks
1 medium red bell pepper, cored, seeded and cut into chunks
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1-inch piece of fresh ginger, peeled and quartered
2 jalapeño peppers, quartered and seeded
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 teaspoon coriander
1 cup chicken stock (defatted )
1/4 cup coconut milk (unsweetened )
1 medium ripe banana, sliced
2 cups Honeysuckle White Boneless Turkey Breast, cooked, cut into 1/2-inch dice (or any other cooked turkey)
1 cup frozen peas, thawed
1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime juice
Salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Place onions and red peppers in a food processor and pulse until chopped.
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the onion-pepper mixture and cook, stirring, until soft, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Meanwhile, return the work bowl to the processor. With the motor running, drop garlic, ginger, and jalapeños through the feed tube and process until finely chopped.
- Add the garlic mixture to the onions, along with curry powder and coriander; cook, stirring, until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken stock, coconut milk and banana. Bring the mixture to a simmer, reduce heat to low; cover and simmer, stirring occasionally, until the bananas are very soft, about 10 minutes. Mash the bananas to incorporate them into the sauce.
- Add turkey, peas, cilantro, and lime juice and simmer until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper and serve.
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.