This classic, south-of-the-border dish turns leftover turkey into a great tasting new meal your whole family will enjoy.
2 cups chopped cooked turkey
1 1/2 cups canned red or green enchilada sauce - divided use
1 (4-ounce) can diced green chile peppers
1 teaspoon dried onion flakes
2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
2 tablespoons chopped onions
1 cup seeded and chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup chopped black olives
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Coat a 13x9x2-inch baking pan with vegetable cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, combine turkey, 1/2 cup enchilada sauce, chile peppers, dried onion flakes and cilantro.
- Warm tortillas in microwave to soften. About 1 minute, covered, on HIGH.
- Spoon about 2 tablespoons of turkey mixture onto each of corn tortillas. Roll up and arrange in prepared baking dish, seam side down. Top with remaining enchilada sauce then sprinkle with onions, tomatoes, black olives and lastly, cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until hot and bubbly.
Makes 6 (2 enchilada) servings.