Marinated, thin slices of turkey are quickly stir-fried with slices of red and green bell pepper and onion, and served in warm flour tortillas with sour cream, avocado and salsa.
1 pound turkey cutlets, cut into thin slices about 1 1/2 to 2-inches long
1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
1 garlic clove, crushed
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon chili powder
1/8 teaspoon soy sauce
1/8 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
2 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
1 green bell pepper, seeded and sliced
2 cups sliced onions
3 tablespoons lime juice
8 flour tortillas
1/2 cup sour cream
1 avocado, diced
Your favorite salsa
- In a medium bowl combine sliced turkey, chopped cilantro, crushed garlic clove, cumin, chili powder, soy sauce, and Worcestershire sauce. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large, non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, stir-fry the turkey mixture in oil for 4 minutes or until the turkey is no longer pink. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
- Add oil to the skillet. Stir-fry sliced red bell pepper and sliced green bell pepper for 2 minutes or until slightly softened.
- Add thinly sliced onion; cook, stirring constantly, until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
- Return the turkey strips to the skillet. Pour lime juice over the mixture and stir to combine.
- Remove from the heat and serve in flour tortillas. Garnish with sour cream, diced avocado and salsa.
Makes 8 servings.