A quick and easy meal or appetizer using leftover turkey. Crispy tortilla chips topped with cooked turkey, refried beans, cheese and salsa.
3 tablespoons lime juice
2 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 teaspoon garlic powder
2 cups coarsely chopped cooked Butterball® Turkey
1 (10-ounce) package tortilla chips
1 (16-ounce) can refried beans
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese - divided use
2 cups prepared salsa - divided use
Sour cream for accompaniment (optional)
chopped fresh cilantro for accompaniment (optional)
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Whisk together lime juice, olive oil, cumin and garlic powder in a medium bowl. Add turkey and toss to coat.
- Make a layer of tortilla chips to cover the bottom of a large 12 to 14-inch round or oval baking dish. Evenly spoon refried beans over chips. Top with turkey and sprinkle with 1 cup of the shredded cheese.
- Make another layer of tortilla chips. Spoon 1 cup of the salsa evenly over chips. Top with remaining 1 cup cheese.
- Bake nachos 15 to 20 minutes or until heated through and cheese melts and begins to bubble.
- Serve hot with remaining 1 cup salsa. Add sour cream and cilantro, if desired.
Makes 4 to 6 main dish servings, or 10 appetizer servings.
- For a casual, but fun look, bake and serve nachos in a large skillet with a colorful napkin tied to the handle.
- Substitute any turkey breast item if leftovers are not available.
Recipe provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.