Turkey Pepper Fajitas
Fast and tasty stir-fried turkey fajitas with three colors of diced bell pepper, red onion, garlic and jalapeño combined in a tomato salsa and served in warm flour tortillas.
1 package (about 1 pound) Honeysuckle White® Turkey Breast Cutlets, cut into thin, small pieces*
Salt and black pepper to taste
2 tablespoons vegetable oil - divided use
1 medium green bell pepper, membrane removed, seeded and diced
1 medium red bell pepper, membrane removed, seeded and diced
1 medium yellow bell pepper, membrane removed, seeded and diced
1 small red onion, diced
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 jalapeño, minced
1/2 cup tomato-based salsa
8 (8-inch) flour tortillas
- In large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat, add turkey and stir-fry until done and light browned, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and remove from skillet and set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high heat. Add bell peppers, onion, garlic and jalapeño; cook about 5 minutes or until vegetables start to soften. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Return turkey, any accumulated juice and the salsa; stir to combine and heat until hot.
- Heat tortillas on grill or griddle.
- Server turkey mixture with warm flour tortillas.
Makes 4 servings.
*Or use chopped leftover turkey and skip step 1 and add the cooked turkey in step 3.
Adapted recipe and photograph provided courtesy of Honeysuckle White, a division of Cargill, Incorporated. Used with permission.