Leftover holiday turkey makes great tasting, quick and easy tacos.
2 tablespoons Goya® extra virgin olive oil
1 cup finely chopped onion
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 (8-ounce) can Goya® tomato sauce
1 pound leftover cooked and shredded Butterball® Turkey
2 tablespoons chopped cilantro
6 Goya® corn tortillas
1/4 cup Goya® vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 250° F (120°C).
- Heat olive oil in a skillet on medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is translucent, about 5 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer 5 minutes. Stir in shredded turkey and cilantro. Cook 5 minutes, or until mixture is heated through. Remove from heat.
- Heat 1/4 cup vegetable oil in a small skillet on medium high. Fold tacos in half. Cook, one at a time, turning once or twice until they are browned and crispy on both sides. Drain on paper towels. Place in oven on baking sheet until they are all cooked.
- Evenly fill taco shells with meat mixture.
Makes 6 servings.
Recipe submitted by Goya®; provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.