Turkey Tortilla Lasagna
A Mexican variation of traditional lasagna using corn tortillas in place of the noodles, along with other typical southwestern ingredients, and cooked or leftover turkey.
1 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
3 cups (12 ounce) shredded Monterey Jack cheese
No-stick cooking spray
6 (6-inch) corn tortillas
3 cups salsa
8 ounces thinly sliced Butterball® Thin Sliced Oven Roasted Turkey Breast or 2 cups leftover cooked turkey, shredded
1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- Preheat oven to 450°F (230°C).
- Combine the ricotta, 2 cups of the Monterey Jack. Set aside.
- Coat a loaf pan with cooking spray. Cover bottom of loaf pan with 2 tortillas, overlapping them in the middle.
- Spread 1 cup of the salsa over tortillas, layer with 1/3 of the slices turkey or shredded leftover turkey. Top with 1/3 of the black beans, 1/3 of the cheese mixture, and 1 tablespoon of the cilantro. Repeat 2 more times starting with tortillas (a total of 3 layers). Top with remaining 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese.
- Cover lasagna with foil. Bake 12 minutes. Remove foil and bake an additional 8 to 10 minutes or until the cheese is bubbly and lightly browned.
- Let lasagna stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 6 servings.
Tip: For a spicier version, use hot salsa.
Recipe provided courtesy of Butterball, LLC.