Turkey Vegetable Soufflé
Treat your family to this elegant dish using leftover holiday turkey.
3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
1 cup milk
1/4 teaspoon ground sage
1/4 teaspoon paprika
1/4 teaspoon liquid hot pepper sauce
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
2 large eggs
3/4 cup chopped cooked turkey
1/4 cup carrot, chopped
1/4 cup frozen peas
- In a heavy saucepan, whisk flour and milk. Cook until thickened, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat. Add sage, paprika, liquid hot pepper sauce, salt, and nutmeg.
- Separate eggs and beat the yolks slightly. Stir half of the flour mixture into the egg yolks. Return to the pan, mixing well. Stir in chopped, cooked turkey, finely chopped, cooked carrot, frozen peas.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the turkey/vegetable mixture.
- Pour the turkey/vegetable mixture into an ungreased 1 1/2-quart soufflé dish or 10-inch baking dish.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C), uncovered, for about 40 minutes in a soufflé dish (25 minutes in a 10-inch baking dish) or till puffy and golden brown. Serve immediately.
Makes 4 servings.