Turkey Veggie Tetrazzini
Italian-style vegetables add a colorful twist to this hearty combination of turkey and whole-wheat spaghetti mixed with a creamy sauce. This updated classic is an easy, yet delicious crowd pleaser.
8 ounce dry whole-wheat spaghetti
1 (16-ounce) package frozen Italian-style vegetable blend (broccoli, red peppers, mushrooms and onions)
1 tablespoon olive oil
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 (14.5-ounce) can reduced sodium chicken broth
1 (12-ounce) can NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Lowfat 2% Milk
3/4 cup (2.25 ounces) shredded Parmesan cheese - divided use
2 cups cooked, chopped turkey breast meat
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Lightly grease 13x9x2-inch baking dish.
- Prepare pasta according to package directions, adding frozen vegetables to boiling pasta water for last minute of cooking time; drain. Return pasta and vegetables to cooking pot.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, garlic powder, salt and pepper; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 minute. Remove from heat; gradually stir in broth. Return to heat; bring to boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in evaporated milk and 1/2 cup cheese; cook over low heat until cheese melts. Remove from heat. Stir in turkey.
- Pour cheese sauce over pasta and vegetables; mix lightly. Pour into prepared baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve immediately.
Makes 12 servings.
Nutritional Information Per Serving (1/12 of recipe): Calories: 180 Calories from Fat: 35 Total Fat: 4 g Saturated Fat: 2 g Cholesterol: 25 mg Sodium: 260 mg Carbohydrates: 22 g Dietary Fiber: 3 g Sugars: 5 g Protein: 15 g.
Recipe and photograph are the property of Nestlé® and Meals.com, used with permission.