Frequently Asked Questions
An archive of visitor-submitted recipe and cooking-related questions.
Questions and answers are listed in the order they were submitted.
Unable to find the answer to your cookery question? Submit your question here.
- My fresh tomato sauce leaves a watery puddle under the pasta.
- Where did the salamander oven gets it's name?
- What are pawpaws?
- What is "ceviche" and "carpaccio"?
- What is frosting sugar?
- Looking for a recipe for pear sauce.
- How many grams of sugar in one teaspoon?
- What is the Japanese term for frying foods dipped in batter?
- How do I prevent the top of my cheesecake from cracking?
- What is the best frying pan?
- Cheesecake and High Altitude
- What cheese would best replace blue cheese?
- Looking for a bread recipe that is light and airy.
- How can I make sure my cakes are really moist?
- Salt and Yeast - Mix'em Together or Not?
- Do lobsters get salty from whence they came? A tale of the salty lobster and the waitress.
- Cream Cheese and Creamed Cottage Cheese
- Where can I find flavored extracts?
- Can cocoa be substituted for chocolate?
- Can I freeze my unbaked apple pie and for how long?
- What about make-ahead batter and dough mixtures?
- Why is my pie crust falling apart in the transfer from counter to plate?
- How many cups are in a pound of butter?
- Why does my iced tea become cloudy?